Friday, July 14, 2006
Ben Interview Was Interesting
Curse ESPN. Last night's Sportscenter was on from 10:30-12:00. I wanted to catch the Roethlisberger interview but I also wanted to go to bed as I was exhausted from being a coordinator at a swim meet. They started the interview with Jim Rome around 10:50 and I thought I was off the hook....not so fast - they broke the interview into three parts! The complete transcript is on ESPN's website. He did look MUCH thinner to me on screen. His face does have subtle differences but I'm not sure if that's attributed to the weight loss or the surgery. It seems like he's holding his mouth differently when he speaks - on the top middle portion. I heard and read parts of the interview before I saw it in it's entirety and I liked the answers in the interview in context instead of reading it watered down. When I first read it, it almost seemed like he was saying that he usually wears his helmet but forgot it that day. In reality, he was supposed to take it to get it painted that day but forgot it. The one thing that I just can't understand though is his reply to the question "Why don't you always wear a helmet?". Ben answers something like "Because I don't have to. In PA you have your choice and I prefer to feel free when riding the bike since it's not a law." That's incorrect from what I've read. If you have a permit or have only had a license for less than 2 years - you ARE required to wear a helmet in PA. That's why he was ticketed. I don't understand his response or why Jim Rome didn't make him qualify his answer. Maybe Rome was unprepared for the interview and didn't know the law? Who knows. All I really care about is whether our boy is going to be ready on the first day of camp. I like the way the interview ended. Ben said something to the effect of he now has more motivation since people were writing him off after the accident and he has something to prove. Let's hope he proves it and he's still playing into February this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
Post a Comment