Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Miami Fight - Hypocrites Abound
I'm sure I don't have to recall here what happened in the Miami game over the weekend. What a fiasco. 31 players reprimanded, both school's officials forced to apologize for the behavior. The announcer of the game, former Hurricane Lamar Thomas was fired for his idiotic comments during the fight where he said they should meet in the tunnel after the game and said he was close to going down the elevator to join the melee. You can take the man out of Miami...but you can't take the Miami out of the man. Has any school ever given the NFL so many troubled players? I would love to know if the suspended players could have gotten into "The U" if they didn't play football. Well, here's the most hypocritical thing surrounding the game: The cable network that ran the game in the local area replays the games on Wednesdays. This week, they are going to replay the game twice - but they are going to edit out the comments made by Thomas. Huh? Why not edit out the fight? If you were so outraged over the violence and the comments made - why include the fight at all and why show the game twice? Oh - now I understand. Ratings. Money. It's kind of like the NFL toughening up rules about hits and stuff while giving their blessing to games like NFL Blitz. Do they think we're stupid?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment