Saturday, November 17, 2007

Can't Win For Losing

You know, last year Still A Dad and I ran in the Philly half marathon in September and we both trained in the early mornings leading up to it. On race day it was sunny, not a cloud in the sky and hot and humid as all get out. We did nothing but complain about the weather and blamed our times on it. This year I thought I would outsmart mother nature. I bypassed the half in September to run in the half portion of the Philadelphia Marathon. They have a full, half and 8k all on the same day. I'm currently in a hotel room praying it doesn't rain, but it doesn't look good. It's frickin' freezing outside and there is a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. It looks light on the radar, but nonetheless, light rain and high 30's is going to be pretty miserable. I was hoping for overcast and 45! Oh well. I guess a little rain never hurt anyone.

No comments: