Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Priceless

Ticket For The Game Under Roof: $150
Parking: $35
Tailgate: $10

Driving past a car with Ravens fans going home the morning after the game and POPPING your Roethlisberger jersey at them as your "STLR 5SB" license plate becomes visible to them....

Freaking Priceless!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday night was a beautiful and magical thing:-)Revenge is just so damn sweet. Take away wussy Tom Brady and you have to now start considering Ben as NFL MVP. In past years opposing teams that shut down the Steelers running game would equal an automatic win for our opponents. Now its different. If the Steelers aren't running well they can revert to the passing game because of their TE's and deep threat with Santonio. And also because of Ben's maturity. Even though they were leading ahead the entire game last night, I still loved that the Steelers stuck with the running game when it was stalling.
Also I was impressed that the national media (ESPN) really gave props to the Steelers organization saying it's the most-liked and respected and that the 70's teams was the best dynasty ever. Damn straight it was. Bring on New England.

stilladog said...

Well, one game does not an MVP season make. And we cannot reasonably expect Roethlisberger to repeat Monday night's performance again any time soon. But I emailed Fan just before I left for the game and told him what we had to do to beat Baltimore.

And the context of that email was that the Ravens were hell-bent on stopping Willie Parker and the run game. So we had to take the leash off of Ben once and for all. I suggested that this was a game that Big Ben would have to step up and win for us. And he did indeed step up... big! Before I left for the game I also told Mrs. Dog (a novice at pro football) that all she had to do was watch Ben Roethlisberger on Monday. If he had a good game we would win. In fact, he had a GREAT game and we completely demolished the Ravens.

Ben will get some MVP votes but he plays on the Steelers and we had another MVP performance on the other side of the ball in James "Silverback" Harrison. We play team football. He has to have lots more games like Monday's to be seriously considered. But the anonymous poster hit the nail on the head with, "If the Steelers aren't running the ball well they can revert to the passing game" and still win. Welcome to the new Stillers!!!