Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sour Puss Damian Lewis


You know what? I liked "Band Of Brothers" on HBO and I've seen every episode twice, in order. However, I don't remember this Damian Lewis being the star, even though he played the lead character. Why is it now that I every time I turn on the television I have to see his sour puss face in a commercial for his TV show Life? Jesus, God, what's the marketing budget for that show? He's always turning in slow motion to look at the camera and it seems like for every shot he's just swallowed some 100% pure lemon juice? Is "100% pure" redundant? I don't care if it is. I'm sick sick sick to death of seeing this man's face. Stop it. Stop it, whatever network he's on. I command you! It's almost as annoying as when House first came on TV. The suits are probably sitting around saying...."we need another hit show with a pissy looking guy and a simple 1-word title". Next year they'll have John McEnroe as the star of "Work". They can show all three in a row....Life, House, Work. Be prepared for Eat coming in 2009 and Sleep to follow shortly after. I'll just go ahead and beat Still A Dog to the punch here by saying that HBO will then tap Gary Shandling to star in Poop, the better more edgy version for pay TV. Message to this Damian Lewis dude, stop frikkin' scowling like you just licked a battery.

3 comments:

stilladog said...

I can never get over Dr. House being a puppy burglar in 101 Dalmatians.

And Damian Lewis will always be the Captain of Easy Company to me no matter how much lemon juice (or rams piss) he has to drink for the promos.

I guess they call that "Jethro Bodine Syndrome." Max Baer laments this kind of type-casting every chance he gets. Funny it don't happen to the great actors/actresses though, huh?

I mean, I don't think of Robert DeNiro as The Raging Bull, Jake LaMotta... even though he did look like the real Jake LaMotta. Whose picture can be seen, along with many 1930s beauty queens, hanging in the Oyster House in Dowtown Pittsburgh.

And speaking of LaMotta, you ever see his wife Vicki?? It's no wonder Jake was so jealous of her. She did a Playboy spread while she was in her mid-50s (this was back in the early 80s) and I got to say she was one of the hottest women I've ever seen in that magazine! Drop dead gorgeous with a brickhouse body. She died a couple years ago but google her and check out the photos!

There. That should put a bright spin on a sour subject.

Anonymous said...

It's a shame the commercials are ruining it for you. I like the actual show. He plays a cop who was betrayed, sent to prison for 12 years, exonerated, sued the city and won $12 mill and has been re-instated to the force. I think he picked up the sour puss in prison...

Anonymous said...

Amen, brother Dog.

Vicki LaMotta was a MILF before the term MILF even existed. I wouldn't be surprised if the term was invented to describe her.

Anybody think our boy Najeh Davenport could get a guest role on Poop?