
Wow. A true comedy legend. I couldn't tell you how hard Still A Dad and I laughed at those old Carol Burnett shows. More funny than the originals were the "Blooper" specials. The Carol Burnett show was on the cutting edge of that wave for sure. There was nothing like watching Conway and Korman flubbing their lines together or making each other laugh. I used to watch reruns of The Carol Burnett Show after school when I was in Jr. High. I clearly remember watching it after I got off the bus, before dinner and homework. I only remember Korman from that show, Mama's Family, Herbie The Love Bug and a few other movies. Check out his IMDB page and Wikipedia entry. I watched some stuff of his on YouTube before bouncing here. They have all the classic skits and a great Muppets appearance. Harvey is one of those dudes that's been old since I remember him. I'm wondering who is in their 50's now that my daughter will continue to follow and someday mourn when she's near 40? She knows Tim Allen from plenty of movies. He's a far cry from comedic genius. Jim Carrey is still a little mature for her. Ahhhhh, Robin Williams. She met him as Genie from Aladdin but now knows him from RV, Night at The Museum, Robots, Happy Feet, Flubber and thanks to me picking it up for her about a year ago....the timeless Mrs. Doubtfire. Done deal. A pretty good comparison indeed.
1 comment:
His work with Mel Brooks was hysterical. My favorites from Carol Burnett were watching Korman try to keep from laughing as Conway kept trying to push him over the edge.
Post a Comment