Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slanted Simon Says For The Last Time


Cook. Cook. Cook. I have no idea what the judges were seeing tonight. I guess it's just my taste in music and I can understand that the little guy is a decent enough singer - but I'd never pay a nickel to hear him sing. Never. At this point I think they are going for diversity. They've never had a squeaky clean young male winner. Clay Aiken was not squeaky clean.....but he was made to squeak on occassion. Anyhooooo, in totality for the competition, I pick David Cook. Like I've been saying since I started talking about it many moons ago - he was my early favorite just from hearing his original audition doing the Bon Jovi song. I just dig his voice, plain and simple....and I'd take his version of that song over the original any day of the week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are good, both have big potential markets (think Daughtry-like for Cook, tweener-like for Archie, although they play Daughtry a lot on tweener-fave Radio Disney). I did think the judges almost seemed biased about Archie last night...almost gushy. I predict an Archie win, although I'd rather listen to Cook too.

Still A. While said...

I think Archie will win. The night just seemed to go his way in all aspects.
I think they are both very good and I love David Cook. Archie has fantastic vocals but is kind of boring if you ask me.
To be honest I think David Cook coming in second would be better for him because he would be able to be more himself on his first album. Either way I thought it was a great season and no matter who wins I think David Cook will outsell Archie hands down.

Anonymous said...

To me this is a no-brainer. It will be better for Cook if he doesn't win. He will have no ties to the show and be able to do his own thing. I bet my life he will be very successful.
If Archuleta wins the teen girls will be going crazy and American Idol will finally have a "teen idol" to push as a superstar. I'll bet my life he makes lots of money for the show. If Archuleta doesn't win tonight something is seriously wrong and I'll be a Cleveland Browns fan for the 2008 season;-)

Still A. Fan said...

agreed. i actually thought he was set pretty good if he exited around 4 or 5. more street cred. bo bice and chris are great examples. where's taylor hicks?? lol. archie is going to ballad land. i wanna rock.

Anonymous said...

Should I go shopping for Browns gear? NOT!!!!!!;-)))