Saturday, June 13, 2009

FAN: Pens Win Third Cup


Apparently this other sport, hockey, had it's playoffs recently and Pittsburgh's team is pretty good at it too. I watched a lot of hockey back in the Lemieux, Jagr, Stevens, Francis, Trots, Mullen days but haven't watch a whole lot recently. In fact, I didn't make it through the second intermission last night without falling asleep. I woke up just in time to see the celebration.

2 comments:

stilladog said...

Thanks for letting me know about the Pens. Hockey does not exist here in Western Europe.

HDTV had allowed me to finally become a hockey fan and when my hometown team plays for the Stanley Cup I'm so far away I don't know if/when they won/lost.

Here in Portugal baseball exists only on the weekend. There is no hockey. Amazingly enough, there is no NBA basketball either. Did that bastard Kobe and the Lakers win? I read in a Portuguese newspaper yesterday where the Lakers were up 3-1... and that's because "Lakers" and the numbers 3 & 1 are miraculously the same in English and Portuguese!

We got soccer, bicycle racing, Queens Club grass court tennis, and cricket here. And that's it!

Might hear from me again if Mrs. Dog will let me use her computer. Otherwise it could be a while.

Congrats to the Pens!!

Still A. While said...

It was fantastic! This is from someone who pays attention!
Beating the Redwings was like beating New England. Glorious.
And they even have their very own Tom Brady - Marian Hossa.
The whole town hates him more because he left the Penguins to play for Detroit because he felt he had a better chance to win a Stanley Cup with the Redwings.
The Pittsburgh fans were rabid and now we have the last laugh.
City of Champions once again.