Thursday, September 10, 2009

FAN: Steelers Titans Game Thoughts


My chronological thoughts from the game:
Pop acts completely blow live. Completely. When your music is mostly over produced, why even try? I mean Fergie is fun to look at and maybe she can sing a little....but how could you tell? I would rather hear the song on the radio than watch that snooze fest. Tim McGraw wasn't any better. Blech.
What is with Al Michaels hair? His top front reminds me of me below the waist in 9th grade.
Two huge Special Teams plays in the first five plays of the game. Logan's return and Danny's punt and the cover. Long overdue.....both.
Neither Ed Reed or Bob Sanders can make the play in the backfield that Polamalu made coming from where he started from.
We wuz robbed on the Polamalu PI call. Not even close.
Holmes TD looked too easy, didn't it? Then again, so was the subsequent Titans score.
After Ryan Clark got beat he really messed up. Instead of getting under control and getting his man down on the ground, he went in all crazy and let him go and he went for another 15 easy yards.
Jesus Christ, Jay Leno overload. How on Earth can you take a 30 year old girl seriously on a commercial who says she's been waiting all summer for him to return? Really?
Willie Parker up the middle on their first 3rd and 1? WTF? Are you kidding me? You don't prove you can run up the middle on 3rd and short against the Titans with your small back. There's more.....especially on a night when you're averaging about .3 yards per rush! No way Ben called that play. The retard did.
Through three quarters, Collins is impressing me. He's the Marty Schottenheimer of quaterbacks.
I'm not sure I'm buying what the Steelers are selling about continuity on the O line. They aren't showing me much. If I was O Line, I wouldn't want to watch this game tape tomorrow.
I didn't miss John Madden. Shrug.
Mewelde Moore may want the ball more than Willie Parker and Mendenhall. Still, why do we have to prove we can run for it? How about play action or something...anything else? Please!
Hines should have had two hands on that ball.
Did you see Hines Ward kill Fuller in an OT block?
The fact that we can win that game with that pitiful excuse for a running game is amazing. They need to send the O-Line out to a bar to get into a fight. They need attitude to run the ball.
You Can't Ice A Psychopath!!!!!

5 comments:

stilladog said...

Pop acts REALLY blow.

Al Michaels used to have a pseudo-afro now it's falling out and going gray. He can't do anything about it falling out but he spray paints it whatever color it is. Check out Dick Stockton sometime, similar story.

Logan & Sepulveda are going to win the field position battle all year with every team we face. We may look back on this season and say it was the biggest improvement over the '08 squad.

Short yardage is still a problem because we've done nothing to fix it. There are guys on the roster who can help but they're not playing on 3rd and 1. Frank "The Tank" didn't blow up shit. In fact whiffed and hit the wrong man on the two plays he saw action. You can't run a single back set on short yardage with our line either. If the Tank isn't going to carry the ball and he can't get his blocking assignments straight, put DJ Johnson (that guy can block) in the backfield and let Moore follow him. Yes, I said Moore. It is increasingly clear to me that Mewelde Moore is the best RB on our roster.

Don't get too excited about Polamalu. He probably won't even be back in the lineup by the Vikings game.

I didn't miss John Madden and I definitely won't miss Tony Kornholer either.

Don't be too hard on the Offensive Line. Yes, they still struggle mightily against good defensive fronts on running plays. But their pass protection has improved immensely over last year. Progress is being made. We're better up front than last year already.

I would say the fact that we could win that game against a very good Titans team speaks volumes. Yes it was at home. But the Titans came to play. I'll take the W and move on to Chicago. Here We Go!!

Still A. While said...

Oh, Troy - how wonderful you were and how we will miss you.
Man, he was on fire!

Good game but I dont need that stress this early in the season.

All those concerts suck.
The fireworks were great though and the Burgh was as pretty as can be.
I just hope all those nut cases that will be coming for the G-20 dont blow something up.

stilladog said...

I probably should write a whole topic on this but in response to While's comment "I don't need that stress this early in the season":

At gametime last night Mrs. Dog asked me why I didn't seem nervous like I usually am for most Stiller games especially a season opener. I replied, "Two words. Mike Tomlin."

I have complete confidence in the man. I have now come to the conclusion that the glory days of the Pittsburgh Steelers have returned. And unlike the 70s when I had no idea what glory days I was witnessing, this time I'm going to enjoy it.

I was relaxed as could be down 10-7 in the 4th Qtr. I didn't even swear when Hines fumbled inside the 10 yard line. I have complete confidence that Mike Tomlin has this team focused on winning. And if you never listened to a damn thing I ever said before believe this:

Ben Roethlisberger is a very special talent. Watching that man play football is a blessing. He knows how to win football games. Plain and simple. He cares about little else and it shows. He has had his shit together about his role and what needed to be done from the first time he put on that #7. I say sit back and enjoy watching Big Ben play QB. He is beginning the prime years of his career. And it will be a long time before the likes of him come our way again.

I could say the same about Troy Polamalu but everyone has recognized that for years now. Plus we will not be able to enjoy watching Polamalu play until the season is half over now.

Glory days are upon us again. Don't stress, enjoy them.

Still A. While said...

OK Dog -next game I will try not to stress. No promises because for the second half last night I was highed up on Aleve Cold and Sinus and I still stressed.
All I wanted to do was sleep during commercials and bite my nails off during the game.

Speaking of commercials - there was some pretty good ones in the first half.

Anonymous said...

BlastCashBack