Sunday, October 11, 2009
FAN: Steelers Scrape By
Well, we survived another week. It looked like we were on automatic today. Nothing special. Is it too hard to get up for the Lions minus their QB and their best wide receiver? We still couldn't even cover. Whatever. I have no comments about their play. I have comments about the announcing. That may have been the worst announcing job by a team of professional analysts that I've ever heard. Is Enberg still alive? He's horrible! Fouts? Fooey. They sucked. Individually and as a team. Enberg kept droning on and on the entire game about Detroit declining a penalty after they kicked a FG that would have been close to a first down. He wouldn't shut up about it. Hasn't he ever heard that you don't take points off the board. Where was Fouts to at least express that point of view? He kept droning on and on like it was a travesty they didn't at least look at the measurement. WHat if they wipe the points and then lose 8 yards on the next play you dolt? What if they fumble or throw a pick six? It's hard in the NFL to take points off the board especially when it puts you ahead of the defending Super Bowl champs. Shut it. What a humdrum game. I almost fell asleep. I had more fun watching Denver come back and beat the Patriots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The Blind Man's Perspective:
I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was a typical Steeler game.
Blind Man's Typical Steeler Game Checklist:
Sweed drops a pass.
Defense folds badly in 4th Qtr.
Arians play-calling inhibits offense.
Santonio runs at least one wrong route.
Announcers proclaim how much Troy is missed.
Ben throws an INT but is still the offensive rock of stability.
Steeler fans take over another venue as the visitors.
There's probably more but I think that checklist is sufficient to give the man who didn't watch the game an idea of what happened. Was I right? Please edit as necessary.
you sir, are correct. Sweed. Cut. Now.
I didn't really watch it either. I had it on and listend but was busy - seems I didn't miss anything.
I did enjoy the end of the Denver game! And the Ravens lost.
I'll take it.
I don't think Sweed is going to get cut... or traded.
But it wouldn't bother me at all if the next time I saw footage of #14 in uniform it was in Spring OTAs.
Post a Comment