Monday, October 16, 2006
Thoughts From The Game
Geez, I was afraid to go to the bathroom yesterday for fear of missing a score. It's a good day when you can't remember seeing your punter on the field too many times. It was great weather to watch football also. The web said 50 but once the sun went in the wind was whipping the cold air off the water right through the stadium. It felt like football. I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to 40 walking to the car. I went with Still A Dog (as usual) and we had a great time (as usual) partying with the gang from Genco (as usual). Again, no order to my thoughts here but I'll just dump some of them out: The rust is off of Ben. If he had a normal off-season and pre-season, I think this is where he would have started in week 1 and our record might be really different. I think if Chokely hadn't dropped that punt against the Bengals we'd be 3-2 instead of 2-3. I think they confused the heck out of Huard by not blitzing very much. All he saw were Steeler jerseys every time he surveyed the field. I think it was good to see Chad Brown get a garbage sack and hear the crowd cheer for him. I think it was equally good to hear them "boo" Kendrell Bell every time his name was called (twice?). I liked him when he was here and he was on the verge of something special, but then he just couldn't stay healthy. I think I'm sorry I ripped the deep backup LBs as they did an outstanding job yesterday. Larry Johnson couldn't find any running room at all and he took it out on Troy's hair! I loved watching Bill Cowher walk 10 steps onto the field to congratulate Najeh Davenport after his 48 yard run. The "DUMP Truck" came out of the closet and defecated on the Chiefs front seven yesterday getting 78 yards and a TD on 11 carries. That TD was a classic goal line situation. They ran him 3 times on 4 downs I think, twice for no gain....my memory could be off here as I had a lot of liquid before the game started. I liked that they handed out free Tums on the way into the game because I needed them before I went to bed last night. I didn't like the short FG miss, but it's his first miss under 40 yards in over a season. Also, if he's going to miss - let him miss in a blowout. We stayed until the final gun but a ton of people started leaving at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Another huge seat-clearing event was the pick/return in the 4th quarter. I only get to 1, sometimes 2 games per year so I like to stay until the very end. The day was made sweeter by finding out the Ravens and the Bengals lost. How Steve McNairish of Steve McNair to go out with an injury this early in the season. I saw the hit and it didn't look bad at all. He is more injury prone than a pretzle stick. Boller had some TD passes but 2 of them were lucky batted balls. The Ravens may not even win 10 games this year after starting out 4-0. We'll see. The Falcons can't be taken lightly but if we get past them, we should waltz to a winning record against Oakland and be standing at 4-3. At that point, it will seem very realistic to finish up 7-2 for a 11-5 record. I stayed alive in the Cut Throat League as well by picking Denver over Oakland. I think about 12 players remain in that game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Best thing about the game was giving "Kick 'Em In The Head" Kemoautu the start at RG. First play from scrimmage he knocked his man 7 yards off the line. And kept it up all day and into the night.
His brother was a bad-ass with the Ravens and is now the Panthers. And little brother is even badder. Sometimes bad is good!!
Plus, I know for a fact that Chris Kemoatu likes good beer.
Worst thing about the game was, all I could do was go to the bathroom. Although I didn't miss any of the scores except KC's TD that got called back on a holding call anyway.
My adivce? Don't ever drink iced coffee on the way to the game follwed by 6 piss-water Anheuser-Busch products and a cheap Canadian India Pale Ale prior to entering the stadium.
Post a Comment