Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Trivia

Something Boomer Esiason said at halftime made me think of looking this up....and I did....and I want to rant about it later - but I wanted to see if anyone knew the significance of these two numbers as far as Super Bowls go: 26 and 51. Details tonight or tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

stilladog said...

I just watched Boomer's part of Halftime Report on Tivo and all he talked about was turnovers and how badly Rex Grossman SUCKED.

You sure you didn't get him mixed up with Phil Simms? Old blonde QBs look the same you know. Except Bradshaw but that's because he's pretty much completely bald now.

So I'm gonna guess that 26 is the number of chilidogs Ditka told Refigerator Perry he could eat at halftime of Super Bowl XX, the last time the Bears represented. And 51 is the actual number of chilidogs The Fridge consumed at halftime of Super Bowl XX.

Still A. Fan said...

aHa! i just said "something he said" sparked a question in my mind and i had to look something up. he didn't ask any type of question, i had the question.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought I could google the answer, but the only thing I came up with was that 26 million people stuck around after the game to watch Criminal Minds on CBS. Couldn't find anything with 51!

stilladog said...

Sis, I think you're onto something. Because I think 51 million viewers stayed tuned to watch the premiere of "The A-Team" following Super Bowl XVII.

And I didn't even have to Google that one. I remember watching Fulton Walker run a KO back for a TD that day. Then Mr. T KO some bad guys later that night.

I watched the game at a party in Chambersburg, PA and The A-Team at home. John Riggins trucked the entire Miami defense in that game.