




The three pictures with a sprinkling of fans were taken off the Colts website showing pictures of their celebration parade. Their own website sites about 40,000 fans attended. The three pictures full of yellow are off of the Steelers website from the Super Bowl XL parade last year. There are about 10 references on Google estimating the crowd to be over 250,000 people as the entire city shut down. I'm not sure what my point is other to say when Manning thanked the crowd for being the best fans in the league, he didn't do nearly as much homework researching that as he did the Bear's defense. Also, from every account I read and from the noise levels at the game and listening to the announcers - the crowd was about 70-30 Bears fans. I'm not ragging on the Colts, I'm just using them as a yardstick to see how football crazy Pittsburgh really is. Still A Dad taped the parade and mailed it to me last year and I have to say - from every angle I saw and from every aerial shot - that parade was jam packed more than 10 people deep every step of the way. Thanks to Still A South for sending this in. The Steeler's website has video of the parade as well if you've never seen it. I linked to some video highlites last March that a friend of a friend took.

4 comments:
How cold was it for your Steelers? In Indianapolis that day it was below zero. With wind chill it was said to feel like -21. In my personal opinion, and fan standing out in that weather is worth 10 Steelers fans any day.
and you sir, are an idiot. steeler fans would have been out there regardless of the weather. no doubt in my mind. you idiots play in a dome for christ's sake!!! we're outside for EVERY game tailgating for 4-5 hours before spending the next 3.5 hours outside. wuss.
Talking smack about the weather when your a dome team is a bit lame indeed.
"A fan standing out in that weather is worth 10 Steeler fans." That gets funnier every time I read it. Do a shot and put an extra layer of clothes on, you'll be fine. Do you pee sitting down?
"How cold was it for your Steelers?"
Ahhh, which time there Benny?
I was there in both January of '75 and January of '76 (which I think was the worst of the two).
All I remember was in '76 the radiator on my Plymouth Duster went up that day and I spent hours standing outside waiting for a ride over by Three Rivers Stadium. It was maybe in the teens for a high and when the wind whips off the rivers it's below zero wind chills easy.
Sheeeeit, Indianapolis hadn't even figured a way to steal the Colts from Baltimore yet and Steeler fans came out in such numbers to shut down the city... 4 times!
But at NO TIME during any of the Steelers FIVE CHAMPIONSHIP celebrations was any part of the ceremonies done inside a pussified DOME.
And just think back to January of 2006. In your pussified dome, how many Steeler fans were there? Want to rethink your equation? More like 1 Steeler fan equals 100 Colts fans. Rain, snow, sleet, ice, or sunshine, inside or out, it doesn't matter.
South, this dude don't pee sitting down. His pants are soaked before he realizes he had to go.
Post a Comment