Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Called This One

Steelers Sign Hartwig. Interesting. I like it. I like the price. Not sure if I like the hair. Ben has to be getting tired of learning the nuances of everyone's snap. I forget what Mahan is getting paid. Not sure they'll keep him around for guard duty - we'll see. At least he's a body for camp. Maybe he'll be better at guard, who knows. At least they don't have to draft a center now. Who did we draft the year Mangold came out? I can't remember drafts too well. Was that just last year?

1 comment:

stilladog said...

This move will still produce quite a dropoff from the center play with which Stiller fans have become accustomed. But it will provide much improvement over the sucktitude we saw at the center position last season.

We still got to draft linemen on both sides of the ball in the early rounds. And if we don't hit home runs there at least we got to get two-baggers. We don't usually strike out in the early rounds but it happens.

Also, I'd like to see us draft some players in the later rounds that can contribute. We haven't done very well there lately but our free agent signings -after the draft- have saved our butts.