
Mewelde Moore becomes the next person to try returning punts and kicks for the team. He's young (25) and is a solid 209. Can't remember much about his speed, but he has averaged close to 5 yards per carry for his career, but I'm guessing more than a few of those runs came on 3rd and long as he has a lot of catches and must be in on 3rd downs a lot. He also has tackles listed on his stats so he must be a special teamer in both directions. I'm sure this is also a little protection against Willie Parker injuries as Moore started for a period as a Viking. A typical Steeler free agent signing - nothing fancy, but fills a need.....plus, Moore for Rossum gets the team younger.
2 comments:
I think I'm the only person that is excited by this signing. I think Mewelde will fit in well with our system. Rossum sucked. Yes he never fumbled, but he didn't ever give us good field position either. Never. Moore will definitely be an upgrade and I can see him coming in on 3rd down too and making big plays. I like his size and feel he'll be a great one-two punch in the backfield with Willie.
He sat behind two really good backs in Minneapolis, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, so we don't know really how good he'll do from scrimmage.
He may be nothing more than our 3rd string RB too. I hope he's more than that.
I would imagine he was signed to address the kick returner role for both KO and punts. He has a pretty good track record as a punt returner not sure about KOs.
It addresses a need for sure. But there are much bigger fish to fry and I see us doing nothing. Matterafact we do not seem to even have a fishing pole in the water! We'll stand pat. Which seems to be the mantra for the Stillers. We're OK with what we got. I see no attempt to address the 800lb gorilla concerns of either line. Maybe they just don't think any of the free agents out there will address the lines problems either?
Does anybody else think we're OK with what we got? I just don't see our young guys developing into solid NFL players under this coaching staff.
Just a warning now. If the 2008 season starts going South early. I will be on here bitching and crying like Nancy Kerrigan.
Post a Comment