Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Hilarious Ad Links In Article
You know how tricky websites are with placing appropriate ads with their article content? I saw something this morning that made me cry! Bryant "I want to be white" Gumbel made some comments about the new football commissioner on his HBO show this week. In speaking to him from his pulpit he said something like "make sure Tags shows you where he keeps the leash that he keeps Gene Upshaw on". He also went on to call Upshaw Tag's personal pet. I'm not sure I agree with those statements as Upshaw just negotiated to get the players 60% of all revenue which is the highest percentage of the 4 major sports. Four? Is hockey a major sport? They must be talking about Football, Baseball, Basketball and Bowling. Anyway - as I got to the bottom of the SI.com article about several ex-players firing back against Gumbel, I notice a box of 4 online ads off to the side. All 4 ad links were for either pet stores or direct links for pet leashes!!! How funny is that?
Labels:
pop culture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Upshaw has done a great job representing the current players. He has done a downright shitty job in getting benefits for the retirees. The same ones who paved the way for these current guys to become young millionaires.
In the most violent game among America's major sports retiree benefits for retired NFL players is so far behind baseball and basketball it cannot even be seen in the rear view mirror.
Earl Campbell can't even walk. Johnny Unitas, before his untimely death, could not even lift a cup of coffee with the golden arm that threw all those touchdowns.
It is a disgrace how the legends of the game have been ignored by the players union. With so much money to be distributed it's hard to say if the NFL Commissioner or the head of the players union is to blame. I say both. Did Tags kick-back money to Upshaw to keep it that way? We'll probably never know. But I wouldn't bet against it.
If that's Gumbel's case he should have stated it. Otherwise it sounds like a racially motivated rampage that needs to be quieted in a swift and forceful manner. Had Bob Costas (white guy) made a statement like that he likely would be fired and prosecuted for a hate crime.
Post a Comment