Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Finally Placed In A Race!

After running in local 5K races for about 4 years, I finally placed in one. I ran the Dawson Grange Country Run this morning. It's a killer 3.5 mile race that is littered with what were called "rolling" hills on the apllication. Yeah. Right. Rolling Hills my ass. This was a tough race. I finished 2nd for my age group 35-39. Don't get too excited, I also finished last in my age group! There were only two of us and it was a high school friend who is a demon runner who beat me. I was hoping he was already 40, but no such luck. He came in 2nd place OVERALL for the entire field. Oh well, I got a small trophy and my time wasn't horrible based on the hills involved.

Updated: ...and a shout out to Still A. Pita who hasn't done more than 3 miles since he killed me over Easter. He ran the race 2 minutes faster than I did.......but he's only 14!!! Still, with no training that's good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was it that beat you? Maybe I know them. How did billybob do? What was your time?

stilladog said...

Was your trophy a Povertyneck Hillbilly CD signed by Big Ben??

Still A. Fan said...

No. I had an eye witness report from their concert on Sunday night who was NOT very impressed and I trust his opinion. He's a tough critic though and not a country music fan. I've never seen them live so I'll reserve judgement - but I bet they killed their local home crowd who isn't as critical as a Rush, David Byrne, Primus and Pixies fan would be. That's a shout out to Still A. Hater if he reads this?!

Anonymous said...

I finished 1st in my age group (65-69).
I didn't think the course was that tough, but then I train on hills all the time.