Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Sweats" Takes It Easy....Again.

Am I crazy? Am I? I just read the single craziest thing I've ever read as a Steeler fan. This is from steelerslive.com this morning:

Running back Duce Staley did not practice in the two-hour afternoon session. His absence was not injury related. Cowher said he decided to give Staley a rest.

WHAT? The other night Duce couldn't even get out of his own way. He may be my least favorite player right now....and I WANT to like him. I WANT him to want to carry the load. What the hell kind of team leader can sit out practice when he's healthy? If they are trying to prevent injury by not playing him, good luck. Duce could get hurt sneezing too hard. The only way I would accept Cowher giving uce a practice off is if it followed the following 1-way conversation: Bill C - "Duce, you don't look motivated. In fact, you look like shit out there. You want to play Bettis, you have to act like Bettis. Take the afternoon off and decide if you really want to play football for me. I'll expect an answer tomorrow."

No comments: