Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Code?

This seems a bit odd to me. No, not because he can't spell "Hilfiger", this is free stuff remember. Doesn't it almost seem like a weird code, like the politician who got caught in the airport stall. Didn't he tap a newspaper and then put his hand under the stall wall or something? There are many exclusive clubs and fraternities and folks who share a healthy interest of the same thing that feel each other out first by saying something in code. "Are you holding?" is a good one. "Do you party?" comes to mind. "Would you like to come to my apartment and pick up a free pair of Tommy shorts size 34?" sounds like another one to me. I think whomever shows up to get them will not be surprised that the owner is IN the shorts when he gets there. Not that there's anything wrong with that...... Dude doesn't even say if they are new or used....soiled or soil free....... I get giving clothes away. We give clothes to a Church thrift store in 30 gallon trash bags. If I get an item I didn't want, or it didn't fit, or I didn't like it....in the bag it goes until the bag is full. I just can't wrap my head around dealing with strangers and email for 3 days over a pair of shorts (which is worth a lot more than used ice cube trays, btw). I'll still hold firm that if I want extra ice cube trays for a party....I'll buy 2 for .99 before I go pick up used ones from a stranger. Wolf!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they're fake knock-offs like Rollex and Gucchi.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...looks like the item has been de-listed. Perhaps he found someone to pick up his shorts.

stilladog said...

I hear ya on the code, bro. I had dinner last night at a country club and the young waitress asked me if I wanted a "tossed salad" with my porterhouse.

I looked her straight in the eye and said, "By all means!"

Dumbass brought me a bunch of greens with blue cheese dressing.