Monday, February 18, 2008

Scheduling Gods Not Happy


Wow. This information has been out for a while, but I haven't put too much thought in it up until this point. Peter King's MMQB article today on si.com lists our Stillers as having the hardest schedule next season based on this year's results. After the six games in our own division, 8 of the 10 teams we play are playoff teams and all 10 finished at or above .500 last year. The Patriots only have 4 games against teams above .500 from last year. That's what happens when you rotate the other Conference Division that you play against. So how did our other six Conference games that the formula comes up with get so much harder than the Pats? I don't know, maybe Matt Walsh made the schedule? Line 'em up, we'll knock 'em down. It will make us better to play against better competition week after week and we won't get a chance to take a game off....like Arizona last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit I was intimidated when I saw the Steelers '08 schedule but sometimes they can be misleading. Wins and Losses have to do with WHEN you catch those teams. Who would've thought Baltimore and the Bengals would turn out to be easy prey going into 2007? And look at the difference between the Browns team in week 1 and the physical one at the end of the season. Add the occasional injury to certain teams and the "powerhouses" of the NFL suddenly become beatable. I'm hoping the Steelers can catch some breaks in 2008. That being said we DO play up to our competition most of the time and thrive on being the underdog so maybe it'll turn out better than we think. Let's hope so!

Still A. Fan said...

good points.....all

stilladog said...

Boys boys...

Our Pittsburgh Steelers will be one of, if not the most, poorly coached teams in the NFL next season.

And that's not a knock on Tomlin unless he is the bowel obstruction causing the retention of three particular pieces of shit on the coaching staff from last season.

It won't matter what the schedule looks like when every kickoff and punt by the Steelers is potential TD for the opponent. It won't matter when Ben is running for his life on every passing down. And it won't matter when we have an offensive gameplan based on trying to use all the plays instead of capitalizing on the weakness of our opponents and our own strenghts.

I'm fuming about keeping those guys. I hate it, hate it, hate it.