Wednesday, August 08, 2007

KDKA Posts Racist Article








KDKA posted an article on their website with the heading "Tomlin and Cowher are like Night and Day". I am shocked and a little disappointed that they decided to play the race card when comparing the two coaches. The article may as well have just said "Tomlin and Cowher: Ebony and Ivory". It couldn't have been any clearer to me. I thought maybe they should have focused on demeanor....clearly Cowher ran da meaner sideline but it looks like Tomlin runs da meaner camp. I don't want to get dragged into the middle of this because you know everyone in the city is going to be talking about this tomorrow. I hear Paul Zeise has been given 2 hours to do a special report on this as he breaks down racial profiling and sex crimes. I was a little anxious about posting this since I could be asked to never come back to the Sports Call-In Show....PLUS......it's the first thing I've posted since being added to PittGirl's Burgh Blog's Blogroll. Maybe she'll ban me? I can't worry about that. I have the truth on my side.

















1 comment:

stilladog said...

The quote was attributed to Larry Foote. Now that is a dude who most certainly knows a bit about racial diversity.

I see nothing wrong with the statement. Similies and metaphors are good ways to express youself in a universally understandable manner.

Good thing Political Correctness wasn't around back in the old days when Cole Porter wrote Night and Day, huh?

Besides, what percenatge of Foote is "Day" and what percentage of him is "Night"?