Thursday, August 16, 2007

YouTube Mash Ups Mining

Green Day & Queen Cool Cool Cool, but they didn't credit the drums from U2's Bullet The Blue Sky which they unmistakenly are.

Corey Hart & Justin Timberlake Obviously I'm not a fan of JT, but I do like my cheesey 80's music and I like the Corey Hart song. The thing is, when these two are mixed - it could easily pass as a song and not a mashup. It works. Weird. Really Weird.

AC/DC & J-Kwon Ok I have to admit, I don't even know who the hell J-Kwon is. The song sounds remotely familiar like I may have heard it somewhere before....but again...the J-Kwon song over one of the most famous riffs of all time doesn't sound that terrible. Plus, if it brings AC/DC to a new crowd....so be it. Needs more Angus....less J-Kwon :)

AC/DC & Queen We Will Rock You chorus needs speeded up ever so slightly....Moor Cowbell would have done a better job. Moor Cowbell and I once sat 3rd row for AC/DC. I can trace the beginning of my hearing loss to that night!

AC/DC & Black Eyed Peas I'm sensing maybe AC/DC's manager should cut a deal to put out an album like Linkin Park/Jay-Z and mash them up with current artists. If I was at a club and drinking....I can see me doing the "white boy overbite" to this. My cousin Still A Boomer does the best white boy overbite EVER.

Eurythmics & The White Stripes The production in this one is lacking music-wise, but it's still pretty good if you like both songs.

The Bee-Gees & Shakira & Britney Spears ummmm, you mean there's music with this? I was just watching all the skin being flashed. I do walk about 3 inches taller though whenever I hear Stayin' Alive's groove.

2 comments:

stilladog said...

Donny Osmond & Alice Cooper.

Lester Flatt & Black Sabbath.

Itzak Perlman & Britney Spears.

Snoop Dogg & Celine Dion.

Madonna & Iggy Pop.

Bob Marley & Waylon Jennings.

Ray Charles with Ronnie Milsap, Stevie Wonder, and Jeff Healey... Oh my, what would the Blind Boys of Alabama call themselves then?

Anonymous said...

If you want to return the favor and win front row VH tix that's OK by me.